Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Can't Believe What I Just Saw!—UCLA Bruins baseball uniform

Holy smokes kids! I don't even pay attention to college baseball due to the complete trainwreck it became in the 70's and the advent of the softball pullover jersey. College baseball never recovered and any time I take a peek, it's still the same trainwreck. BUT, I caught wind of the UCLA Bruins baseball uni and, yeah, you guessed it, I Can't Believe What I Just Saw! Beautiful script on home and away. No name on back of the jersey (now THAT'S old school!) The 'B' on the helmet and cap is a throwback of the old Brooklyn Dodgers. Block numbers, not too thick, not too thin. The baby blue is a true UCLA blue, vs. that crappy blue the football team tries to pass off as UCLA blue. The black cleats! Real stirrups (not the fake ones that are just socks)! The piping! This uni is a classic throwback to the days when a uni was a uni! Even the one with pinstripes works (last picture). Enjoy the show!!















 Old school pig pile!!







1 comment:

  1. “College baseball never recovered...” - This is definitely their way to make a huge come back on the field. They're uniform speaks for itself that they will play only for championship. Anyway, the jacket is what I like best; it looks cool and comfortable. / Linnie Dimmitt @ UniformsExpress.com

    ReplyDelete