Monday, November 19, 2012

It's in the Details

This will be a recurring theme with me. Since it's football season, let's stick with that for now. Today I'll cover the foot region, namely cleats and socks. Black cleats. White laces. White socks. Stripes on socks are preferred, but not necessary. If you tape your ankle, do it the spat way like Lenny Moore or Walter Payton or Lem Barney. Today, Penn State is the only team that officially wears black cleats and white laces. I'm seeing a lot of Notre Dame players doing it this year though. It pops up here and there on other teams, but nothing consistent. When it's paired with white socks, the look is classic! And if there are stripes on the socks....takes my breath away. In the NFL, white laces with black cleats are rare now. There are exceptions and man, does it look good when it happens. Oh, but give me the 60's again!












No comments:

Post a Comment